Update: The almost got it right but I have to call this a FAIL. Fore my full review go to:
First I want to say this is Wizards of the Coast. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE use a quality foiling process for From the Vault releases. Enough said.
Second, I wish they would print the front side of these cards with standard backs and be official proxies (that would be tournament legal) instead of the check cards. That would be awesome and an amazing value all on it’s own. They could just print a tournament legal Delver proxy with a standard back and I would buy 4 boxes of this product in a heart beat.
All that said, here is my list of 7 cards that need to be in From the Vault: Transform or it will be a complete failure of a product.
- Delver of Secrets – It’s the most Flip Card
- Jace, Vryn’s Prodigy – Jace is the embodiment of Magic
- Lilliana, Heretical Healer – She added. Happy, now?
- Westvail Abbey – I think this is one of the most interesting uses of a flip card.
- Huntmaster of the Fells – is most playable of all the gold border flip cards.
- Bloodline Keeper – I love draft this in cube. Just disappointed that there were never bats that transformed into Vampires.
- Garruk Relentless – His corruption by the Veil is very prevalent to the current magic story. I’m sure we will be seeing him sooner than later.
In may seem off to have 3 of the seven choices be planeswalkers, however they typically print cards that were or should be rare or mythic, With the exception of Delver, I suspect they will only be reprinting rares and mythics which trims the pickings from 104 to 41 (not counting the six meld cards). Seven of the 41 are planeswalkers. The running the fuzzy calculator, you should have a minimum of 3 plains walker.
Other Cards I would like to see but won’t be heart broken if they are not.
- Mayor of Avabruck
- Docent of Perfection (for my Wizards Tribal Deck)
- Started Awake
- Nissa, Vastwood Seer
I would like to thank Wedge at the Mana Source for inspiring this article.